Avocado Salad With Tomato Dressing
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil (or 1/2 tspn dried basil)
- 1 ripe firm avocado halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 pound mozzarella cheese cut 1" cubes
- 4 cups alfalfa sprouts or lettuce finely chopped
- 2/3 cup seasoned croutons
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Drain tomatoes (if oil packed) and mince. Combine garlic and salt in a mortar and mash to a paste.
Combine garlic paste with tomatoes, vinegar, oil, water and basil in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake vigorously until emulsified.
Combine avocado, lemon juice and cheese in a mixing bowl. Add enough dressing to coat well. Toss and serve on a bed of sprouts. Sprinkle with croutons and Parmesan cheese.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
ECC = 10g