Green And Yellow Beans In Lemon Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1/2 pound green beans trimmed, rinsed
- 1/2 pound yellow beans trimmed, rinsed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced red onion
- 1 spring garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Using a steamer, or a saucepan or wok with a steamer insert, steam the beans until they are tender but still crunchy, 7 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain and pat dry.
Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, onion, garlic, tarragon, sugar and salt. Pour the vinaigrette over the beans and toss to coat.
Spoon the beans onto a serving platter. Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Each serving: 161 calories; 2 grams protein; 10 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 14 grams fat; 2 grams saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 455 mg. sodium.