Indian Lentil-Cauliflower Soup from Oh She Glows
Amazing! Yummy flavors.
- 1 tablespoon coconut or other oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked red lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped into bite-size florets
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until translucent.
2. Stir in the ginger, 1 tablespoon of the curry powder, coriander, and cumin and sauté for 2 minutes more, until fragrant.
3. Add the broth and red lentils and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a low boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes more.
4. Stir in the cauliflower and sweet potato. Cover and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the cauliflower and sweet potato are tender. Season with the salt and pepper, and add more curry powder, if desired. Stir in the spinach and cook until wilted.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls and top with cilantro, if desired.
You'll also love
- Paella Negra 3.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Hunter's Beef Crescent Pie 3.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Cornish Hens - NuWave 3.7/5 (26 Votes)
- Mango Crepe Samurai 3.4/5 (37 Votes)
- Cheesy Ground Beef and Potato... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Leek, Potato, Parsnip and... 3.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Red Kidney Bean Salad 4/5 (2 Votes)
- VELVEETA CHEESE SAUCE FOR COOKED... 3.6/5 (8 Votes)
Review this recipe