Trader Joe's Red Split Lentils
Try these lentils with caramelized leeks, sautéed garlic and roasted tomatoes and bell peppers. This recipe is super easy!
- 1 cup red split lentils, rinsed and sorted
- 2 1/4 cups low sodium broth
- 1/4 cup white vermouth or red wine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (omit for Matthew)
- seasoning salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Minced and sauteed garlic, caramelized leeks, crisp chopped bacon, grilled Italian sausages, grilled or roasted tomatoes, diced and soaked dried apricots, grilled vegetables, Parmesan cheese or your favorite topping.
Heat oil in pan; add lentils, toss to coat; about 1 minute. Add broth, wine and seasoning.
Cover w/a lid and simmer over low heat until tender and the liquids almost absorbed, about 12 minutes.
Serve simple or add toppings of your choice.