Cucumber-Avocado Salad With Toasted Cumin Dressing
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds (or 1 tspn ground cumin)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mild olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups prepared mixed salad greens
- 1 small avocado peeled, pitted, and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 tomato cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 small cucumber seeded, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped red onion
In small dry skillet over low heat, toast cumin seeds or ground cumin 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring occasionally. If using seeds, grind in a mortar or coffee grinder and place in small bowl. Add lemon juice and whisk well. Add oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking until blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In large salad bowl, combine greens with 1/4 cup dressing; toss to coat. Place on serving plates. Mix avocado, tomato, cucumber, and onion with remaining dressing; toss to coat. Top each portion of greens with avocado mixture.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Net Carbs: 6 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 2.5 grams
Fat: 24 grams