Chesapeake House Crab Cakes
- 1 egg well beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 pound claw crabmeat drained, flaked
- 1 1/2 cups pork rind crumbs
- Vegetable oil as needed
Combine egg, mayonnaise, prepared mustard, butter, parsley, dry mustard, seafood seasoning, salt, and pepper in a large bowl; blend well. Gently fold in crabmeat. Shape mixture into 8 patties; roll each in pork rind crumbs.
Fry in deep, hot oil (350 degrees) until crab cakes are brown and float to the top.
Drain on paper towels. Transfer crab cakes to a warm serving platter. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 servings; 2 carb grams per crab cake.