Yeast Corn Bread Loaf
Your friends and family will love this unique way of making cornbread!
- 1 (.25-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Add the cornmeal, milk powder, butter, sugar, salt, 1-1/4 cups flour and remaining water. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
Punch dough down; shape into a loaf. Place in a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
Bake at 375° F for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
You'll also love
- roasted tomato basil soup with... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Beef Bourguignon 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Throwback Porterhouse Steaks 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Simmered Pinto Beans with Chipotle... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate Angel Food Cake with... 4.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Spicy Crispy Potato Wedges 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Rice Cooker Banana Bread 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Fresh freeze corn 4.7/5 (16 Votes)