Smoked Fish Over Creamy Cabbage
- 1/2 small white cabbage head
- 1/2 cup cream
- 4 tablespoons butter divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 8 ounces smoked fish bones removed, broken into small pieces (trout, salmon, finnan haddie, sturgeon, sable)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon thinly sliced
Bring a large pot of lightly-salted water to a boil. Quarter cabbage and remove center core; cut into 1/2-inch strips. Cook cabbage 10 minutes. Drain well and pat dry.
Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add cabbage and cook, 2 minutes; stir gently to coat in butter. Pour in cream; add black pepper and lemon rind. Cook 5 minutes, until cabbage is tender.
Add smoked fish to skillet, gently fold in with a rubber spatula. Cook 3 minutes over low heat. Melt remaining butter in a small, microwave-safe cup. Drizzle over fish. Garnish with chopped parsley and lemon slices.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Carbohydrates: 3 grams
Net Carbs: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 grams
Protein: 9 grams
Fat: 10.5 grams