Grilled Flank Steak Salad
Flank steak marinated in cilantro dressing, grilled and sliced thin, then set atop a salad of arugula, cherry tomatoes, corn, and sweet peppers.
- CILANTRO DRESSING:
- 8 ounces beef flank steak
- 2 small yellow and/or red sweet peppers, seeded and halved
- 1 ear corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 green onions, trimmed
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups arugula or mixed greens
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In a blender or small food processor combine lime juice, shallot, cilantro, olive oil, water, honey, garlic, chili powder, salt, and cumin. Cover and blend or process until combined.
Cover and chill half of the Cilantro Dressing.
Trim fat from steak. Score both sides of steak in a diamond pattern by making shallow diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals. Place steak in a resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish. Pour the remaining Cilantro Dressing over steak. Seal bag; turn to coat steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade.
Lightly brush sweet peppers, corn, and green onions with oil.
For a charcoal or gas grill, grill steak and corn on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat for 17 to 21 minutes or until steak is medium (160°F) and corn is tender, turning steak once and turning corn occasionally. Add sweet peppers to the grill for the last 8 minutes of grilling and green onions for the last 4 minutes of grilling, turning frequently. Let steak stand 5 minutes.
Thinly slice steak. Coarsely chop sweet peppers and green onions; cut corn from cobs.
Divide arugula between two salad bowls. Place sliced steak, grilled vegetables, and tomatoes on arugula. Drizzle salads with the reserved half of the Cilantro Dressing.
You'll also love
- Onion-Dijon Pork Chops Recipe 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Crispy Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Honey & Walnut Baked Brie 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Peach Pancakes and Chai Syrup 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Baked Ziti in Mornay Sauce with... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- Autumn Roasted Veggie Salad 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- CHUCKWAGON BEEF & BEAN SKILLET 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Beet Salad with Goat Cheese, Green... 4.4/5 (9 Votes)