Beef: Burger: (Paleo) Puerto Rican Beef
- Puerto Rican Beef
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 bunch kale chopped
- 1 white onion sliced
- 1/2 of a green, red, and yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Pinch of saffron threads (optional)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 ripe avocado
In a large skillet brown the ground beef.
Add the bell peppers, onions, and olive oil and saute until the onions and peppers are tender.
Add all of the spices and mix well. Add the kale and green olives, continue cooking stirring often until the kale is tender (about 4-5 minutes.
Serve over mashed sweet potatoes with a side of sliced avocado.
To quickly prepare the sweet potatoes, peel and quarter the potatoes and cook in a pressure cooker for 12 -14 minutes.