Apple Pie Enchiladas
Apple pie filling is rolled up in flour tortillas, topped with a homemade caramel sauce, then baked until crispy. Yum!
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a 2-quart saucepan, bring margarine, both sugars, and water to a boil over medium-high heat; then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Set aside to cool. (I ran a little water in the sink then set the pot of sauce in it, stirring occasionally.)
Meanwhile, spoon pie filling in center of tortillas; then sprinkle lightly with apple pie spice. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in a lightly buttered 11x8-inch (or equivalent) baking pan.
Pour or spoon sauce evenly over tortillas; sprinkle tops with a little more apple pie spice, if desired.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and tops of tortillas are crisp.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of the sauce over the top.
This makes 6 large enchiladas but can be cut in half to serve 12.
You'll also love
- Spaghetti Squash Caprese Bake 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Sausage, Green Beans and Potato... 4.2/5 (33 Votes)
- Steak & Egg Panini 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Meyer Lemon Coffee Cake with... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Ham Delights 3.8/5 (111 Votes)
- Oreo Bowl of Goodness 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Key Lime and White Biscotti 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars 4.3/5 (28 Votes)