Rosemary Roasted Turkey
Rosemary Roasted Turkey is the perfect recipe for a flavorful, delicious Thanksgiving turkey! This super simple recipe is perfect for a first time Thanksgiving host!
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12-pound) whole turkey, thawed (reserve giblets and neck for making stock, if desired)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 280mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Stir together oil, garlic, rosemary, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Rinse turkey inside and out; pat dry. Remove any large fat deposits. Loosen skin from breast by slowly working your fingers between breast and skin (remember to remove your rings!). Work it loose to large part of drumstick, being careful not to tear skin.
Spread a generous amount of rosemary mixture under breast skin and down thigh and leg using your hand. Rub remainder of mixture over inside and outside of bird. Use a toothpicks to secure skin over any exposed breast meat.
Put turkey in a rack set in a roasting pan. Add 1/4 inch of water (about 3 cups) to pan.
Roast turkey 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F, and roast, covering turkey with foil during last hour of cooking, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into a thigh (do not touch bone) registers 165°F, 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours more.
Let turkey rest 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
You'll also love
- SLOW COOKER BLOOMIN’ BAKED APPLES 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon and Egg Toast Cups - Muffin... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Easy Peach Cobbler 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Green St. Patrick's Day Bread 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Biscoff & Pumpkin Spice Spritz... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Gravy Turkey Giblet 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Killer Potato Latkes 4.3/5 (18 Votes)