Marinated Grilled Tuna with Anchovy Sauce
- This is an old Venetian recipe for grilled tuna.
- Tuna Ingredients
- 6 slices fresh tuna steaks, about 3/8 inch thick (about 2 pounds total)
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for basting
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 onion, very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges
- Anchovy Sauce Ingredients - Makes 1/4 cup
- 4 salted anchovy fillets, rinsed
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
Adapted from jovinacooksitalian.com
Directions for the tuna:
Place the tuna steaks in a 9 x 12-inch ceramic or glass baking pan and add the olive oil, white wine, onion, parsley, thyme, bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 2 hours, turning once. Remove the fish from the refrigerator 15 minutes before grilling.
Prepare a hot charcoal fire or preheat a gas grill for 15 minutes on high. You may also use a stovetop grill pan.
Remove the tuna from the marinade and place on the grill. Cook, basting with olive oil and turning only once, until deep black grid marks appear, about 3 1/2 minutes on each side.
Directions for the anchovy sauce:
In a mortar, pound the anchovy fillets, garlic and parsley with a pestle until a pest . Slowly pound in the olive oil and lemon juice.
Pour the sauce over the grilled tuna and serve with additional lemon wedges.
You'll also love
- Duck Fat and Cracklings 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- White Bean Hummus (Vitamix - Jill... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Garden Veggie Shrimp 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Fried Soft Shell Crabs 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Balsamic Glazed Tuna Steaks 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Salmon and Salami Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Yummy Tuna Spread 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Bagna Cauda - Olive Oil Anchovy Dip 3.3/5 (3 Votes)