Garden Veggie Shrimp
A parchment packet steams the veggies and shrimp, leaving everything brightly colored and extra-crunchy.
- 1 pound large fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact if desired
- 8 ounces uncooked Israeli couscous
- 4 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 2 large yellow or red sweet peppers, cut into thin strips
- 4 green onions, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 lemon wedges (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Thaw shrimp if frozen.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook couscous according to manufacturer's directions.
Tear off four 15-inch squares of parchment paper and spoon couscous onto each sheet. Layer the strips of carrot, sweet pepper, green onions, and garlic next to the couscous. Top vegetables evenly with shrimp. Drizzle all with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add a sprig of thyme and lemon wedge, if desired, to each packet. Add a piece of butter to each.
Fold parchment over shrimp and vegetables to make secure packets. Divide packets among 2 shallow baking pans.
Place pans on separate oven racks. Bake about 20 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Open carefully to check doneness, as steam will escape. To serve, transfer packets to dinner plates.