Chez Nancy Lobster
This makes a luxurious fancy meal perfect for a romantic dinner, or to show off your skills to dinner party guests.
- GRENBLOISE SAUCE:
- 2 (4-ounce) spiny lobsters, cut in half lengthwise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons clarified butter
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 bay leaf, broken
- 1/2 cup chardonnay
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon small capers, drained and briefly rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup small croutons
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Season the lobster meat on both sides with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat a nonstick skillet large enough to hold the lobsters over medium heat. Add the clarified butter and lobsters and cook, turning the lobsters over a few times, for about 5 minutes, until they are nicely colored. Transfer to an ovenproof pan, meat side up. Add the unsalted butter and shallot to the nonstick skillet and cook over medium-high heat until colored, about 2 minutes. Add the bay leaf and the wine and reduce until almost syrupy.
Pour the butter sauce over the lobster tails and reserve the skillet. Place the pan of lobsters in the oven and cook for 7 to 9 minutes,basting with the clarified butter once or twice to keep the lobsters moist.
Meanwhile, make the Grenobloise sauce. Cut the white pith away from the lemon. Remove the segments by slicing between the membranes. Cut half of the segments into 1/2-inch pieces. (Reserve the other half lemon for another use.) Add the butter to the reserved skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until it turns a deep brown and smells nutty, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon pieces, capers and parsley; swirl the skillet to combine. Keep warm in a small bowl.
Remove the lobsters from the oven and transfer to warm plates. Spoon the Grenobloise sauce over the cooked lobster halves. Scatter the croutons on top and serve.
You'll also love
- Creme de Menthe Layer Cake 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Zucchini Crisp 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Jap Chae(korean rice noodles) 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Crockpot Smoked Sausage & Hash... 4/5 (25 Votes)
- Smoked Brisket 4/5 (23 Votes)
- Shrimp & Corn Chowder 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- New Orleans-Style Crawfish... 3.8/5 (170 Votes)
- Creamy Lobster Bacon Spinach Quiche 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
Review this recipe