Cheese Bread (That tastes like Red Lobsters rolls)
You know those little cheese biscuits that they serve at Red Lobster? The type that you stuff your face with and ask for more in hopes of sneaking them home in your purse? Well, this recipe is just like those biscuits except in loaf form. It’s for those of us in too lazy to plop out spoonfuls of dough and bake them off as singles. This isn’t an original recipe. I swiped it off a blog. But I don’t remember exactly which blog that was. It was late at night and I had one eyeball on Parker’s sat monitor worrying about his heart rate. Again. So, if it looks familiar to you, let me know and I’ll give kudos!
- The Recipe:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- (This makes one loaf. I doubled the recipe for all of the hallow legs I have hanging out around here.)
Heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with oil.
In a bowl, whisk together the first 5 ingredients.
Carefully stir in cheese cubes until covered in flour mixture. This will help prevent your cheese sinking to the bottom of your loaf of bread.
In a different bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
Fold the wet mixture into the flour and cheese mixture.
Stir until just combined. Do not over stir. Your masterpiece will turn out like a giant hockey puck.
Pour and spread the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and then remove from pan.
Allow to cool for one hour before slicing and serving
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread... 4.6/5 (33 Votes)
- avocado, tomato, sprouts & pepper... 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Dutch Oven Apple Strudel Pull... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Shrimp Mayo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tuscan Tilapia Fillets 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- King's Fish House BBQ Shrimp 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Lobster Alfredo 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Party Cheese Bread Recipe 4.5/5 (2 Votes)