Jap Chae(korean rice noodles)
recipe from her:
- 12 oz clear glass noodles (made from sweet potato)
- ¾ lb lean meat (chicken breast, sirloin, pork tenderloin), cut into thin strips
- 3 Tbs soy sauce, divided
- 1 Tbs finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs chili-garlic sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 zucchini, slivered (I used a peeler to get fine strips)
- ½ red onion, cut into slivers
- 3 oz shitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 5 green onions, green parts cut into 1-inch strips
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 4 Tbs soy sauce
- 3 Tbs sugar
- 1 tsp chili-garlic sauce
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
Cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse. Set aside.
Combine meat, 3 Tbs soy sauce, ginger, and chili-garlic sauce in a sealable plastic bag, making sure to coat all the strips of meat. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, prep all the vegetables.
Heat 2 Tbs oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the marinating meat. Cook until meat is done, about 5 minutes. Remove to a plate. Heat remaining Tbs of oil in the pan. Add carrots, zucchini, red onion, shitake mushrooms, and green onions. Saute for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from pan and add to plate with meat.
Place 4 Tbs of soy sauce, sugar, and chili-garlic sauce to pan. Stir to combine. Add noodles to pan. Stir to coat and heat through. Return meat and vegetables to pan, and toss to combine. Drizzle sesame oil over the contents of the pan. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve.