Jeannie's Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake is the best of the best out there, family and friends love it! Whether your looking to impress your guests or celebrate a birthday this cake will not disappoint.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 2/3 cup Crisco
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Prepare 2 9" pans, cut cut two wax paper rounds and place on bottom of pans brushed with crisco
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Cream together sugar, Hershey's cocoa and Crisco.
Add 2 beaten eggs, flour, soda, salt, buttermilk and vanilla. Beat well and lastly add 1 cup boiling water stir well and quickly put in oven immediately 25 minutes do not over bake this cake, check cake with toothpick.
Blend all ingredients thoroughly.
This freezes beautifully.
You'll also love
- Monkey Bread Muffins 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Mexican Cinnamon Sugar Cookies 3.9/5 (135 Votes)
- Blueberry Orange Cream Cheese... 4.2/5 (28 Votes)
- Watermelon Mojito Jell-O Shots 4.2/5 (42 Votes)
- Valentine's Day Cupcakes 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Layer Cake 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Barbecued Baby... 4.4/5 (39 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Chocolate Cobbler 4.2/5 (60 Votes)