New Year’s Cleansing Quinoa Cranberry Salad
Start the new year out right with this Cleansing Quinoa Cranberry Salad. It’s naturally sweet and filled with lots of detoxing ingredients. Serve with a couple slices of bread for lunch or with chicken for a dinner.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from thehealthyapple.com
Cook quinoa according to package directions.
In a large bowl, toss cooked quinoa with bell pepper, cranberries, cashews and basil.
In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, sea salt and pepper; drizzle over quinoa salad and serve