No Bake Lemon Drops
No oven? or too hot to cook? These lemon drop cookies are fresh, lemony and delicious.
- 2 cups finely crushed shortbread cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 1/2 cup finely crushed lemon drops, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons light-color corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In a large bowl stir together crushed cookies, 1 cup powdered sugar, the almonds, and the 1/2 cup crushed lemon drops. In a small bowl combine milk, corn syrup, and melted butter. Stir milk mixture into cookie mixture until well mixed.
Place finely crushed lemon drops In a small bowl. Shape cookie mixture into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in crushed lemon drops to coat. Place balls on a large baking sheet or tray.
Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Before serving, roll balls again in powdered sugar mixture.
To finely crush lemon drops, place candies in a heavy resealable plastic bag. Using a meat mallet or a rolling pin, crush candies into coarse pieces. Transfer the coarse pieces to a food processor; cover and process until finely crushed.
Place cookies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
You'll also love
- Easy Pumpkin Pie Rice Pudding 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Jicama Pear Pomegranate Salad 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Blueberry Pecan Coffee Cake 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Fish Tacos with Chipotle Lime... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Grapefruit Avocado Salad 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Chinese Lemon Chicken 4.7/5 (9 Votes)