Glühwein, Spiced Austrian & German Holiday Mulled Wine
Glühwein is a traditional Christmas drink in Germany and Austria that's very similar to mulled wine, just the thing for a festive holiday fete!
- 500 milliliter red wine, about 2 1/4 cups
- 100 milliliter water, about 1/2 cup
- 1 (about 2.25-inches long) Cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 orange
- 10 cloves
- sugar to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Pour the Wine and Water into a pot together and keep on slow heat.
Slice your orange and push your 10 cloves into the slices.
Add all the spices including the Vanilla Bean and the seeds that you have scraped out before, the orange with the clove and the sugar, into the pot with the wine. Keep on slow heat (it should never boil!) and cover the pot for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain all the spices and serve instantly hot in a cup.
You'll also love
- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Halloween Spider Breads 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Popcorn Toffee Crack Bars 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Winter Lentil Soup 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chipotle Black Bean Stuffed... 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Vegan Green Chili & Lentil Tamales 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Lemon Drop Jello Shots 3.9/5 (125 Votes)
- Spiced Bourbon Beer & Maple... 4.3/5 (18 Votes)