Butternut Squash with Wilted Spinach
Reviews from other cooks suggest that the blue cheese may be too strong on the first day, but is delicious the day after.
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and ground black pepper; to taste
- 1-1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach
- 4 cups cubed and roasted butternut squash; warmed
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from wholefoodsmarket.com
Use a fork to mash together blue cheese and lemon juice in a large bowl to make a thick smooth dressing. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
Add spinach and cook, tossing often, until slightly wilted and warm, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Transfer contents of skillet to bowl with dressing, add squash, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Pork Chops (Brined) 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Flank Steak & Plum Salad with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Challah Stuffing with Fennel &... 4.7/5 (9 Votes)
- Homemade Arrabbiata Sauce with... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Prosciutto & Arugula Farfalle 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- CHEESE SOUFFLE WITH BACON ARUGULA... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Chicken Florentine - Low Carb 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Spinach Salad with Ham & Egg 4.5/5 (12 Votes)