Prosciutto & Arugula Farfalle
- 1 lb. bow tie pasta (Farfalle)
- 1/2 lb. unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 1 1/2 cups cooked peas or fava beans
- 4 oz. prosciutto, torn into bite size pieces
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigianino Reggiano cheese plus additional for serving
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 tables. chives, finely minced
- 3 tables. basil leaves, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente (about 8 minutes). Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
2. Transfer pasta to a warmed serving bowl. Immediately add the butter, arugula, peas (fava beans), prosciutto, cheese and tomatoes. Tossing constantly, gradually add 2 to 3 tables. of the reserved pasta water. Continue adding water until sauce turns rich and creamy. Add the chives and basil, and toss again. Season with salt and pepper.