Lemon Roasted Fennel with Olives and Breadcrumbs
- 4 large fennel bulbs
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Juice from 2 large navel oranges
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp sliced green olives
- 2 tsp minced roasted lemons
- 1/4 cup yellow raisins
- 2/3 cup Panko or homemade breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp gorgonzola
- 1 navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp chives
- 2 Tbsp pomegranate seeds
Adapted from thewimpyvegetarian.com
Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Slice each fennel bulb into 8 wedges and place in a baking pan. Lay the thin lemon slices over and around the fennel. Drizzle with olive oil and dust with salt, pepper and thyme. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
Bring the orange juice to a simmer in a skillet over medium-high heat. When reduced by half, it will begin to caramelize. Add the olives, minced roasted lemon, raisins, and breadcrumbs, and sauté until fragrant and the breadcrumbs are lightly toasted.
Remove the remaining roasted lemons from the baking dish, sprinkle the Gorgonzola over the fennel, and fold the breadcrumb mixture into the fennel.
(If making this ahead, you can stop here, cover with plastic and refrigerate. Rewarm at 350F for 15 minutes before continuing.)
Broil for 2 minutes, or until the cheese melts and the fennel and breadcrumbs are lightly crisped.
Remove and sprinkle with the finely chopped orange, chives, and pomegranate seeds.
You'll also love
- Endive Salad with Isabel Tuna 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Apple muffins ( Becky ) 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Summer Mexican Salad with Citrus... 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Zucchini-and-Mozzarella Flatbread 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Leeann Chin Lemon Chicken 3.9/5 (9 Votes)
- Barley, Fennel and Black Bean Wrap 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Buttermilk Braised Pork Shoulder... 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Olive Garden's Spaghetti Sauce 4.5/5 (2 Votes)