- 1 packed cup parsley leaves
- 1 packed cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons water
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 12 ounces whole-wheat pizza dough
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Pulse parsley, basil, walnuts, Parmesan, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a food processor until finely chopped. With the motor running, add oil and 1 tablespoon water in a steady stream and process until smooth, thinning with additional water if necessary. Transfer pesto mixture to a small bowl.
2. Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces and stretch or roll each piece into a thin 8-by-12-inch oval.
3. Lightly coat a grill with cooking spray, then heat to medium high. Place both pieces of dough on grill and cook until dark brown grill marks have formed, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, carefully flip and cook the other side until dry, about 2 minutes more or until dough easily releases from grill.
4. Transfer flatbreads to a large, clean work surface, darker side up. Spread 3 tablespoons pesto on each (refrigerate remainder for up to 3 days) and top with mozzarella and zucchini. Return to grill, cover and cook until cheese has melted and zucchini is cooked, 4 to 6 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, toss together arugula, lemon juice, remaining salt, and pepper. Top flatbreads with dressed arugula.