Swooning over how cool edible glitter is. Try this incredibly easy recipe, the kiddos will be ecstatic! You can even use this recipe on cupcakes or to create fun, colorful drinks!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 to 10 drops food coloring (a drop at a time), adjust for desired color
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from pinterest.com
Preheat oven to 350°F for 10 minutes.
Measure sugar into clear jar with tight fitting lid. Add food coloring one drop at a time and screw cap on tightly. SHAKE to combine. Repeat until desired color is reached. Spread sugar out on baking sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes at 350°F.
You may also store it in an air tight container for several months. This stays drier and stores wonderfully as is but even better if you spread colored sugar in thin layer to air dry for about an hour or microwave in 30 second intervals, stir and repeat for about 1 to 2 minutes or until moisture is evaporated. You can also add a few grains of rice to absorb any moisture. Allow your homemade glitter to cool before using it.
Sprinkle, dip or shake onto whatever you like. Put this in a clear salt shaker for easy shaking or pour some into a saucer. Salt may be substituted for sugar, if desired. Can be used around the rim of glasses or as a decorative effect In drinks like a margarita and anywhere you want a salty taste.
Temperature extremes (weather) may cause different results.
Be aware that colors like silver are hard to obtain.
You'll also love
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (685 Votes)
- Body Flush and Detox Water 4.5/5 (505 Votes)
- Kool-Aid Ice Cubes in Sprite 4.5/5 (234 Votes)
- Summer Rosé Sangria 4.5/5 (209 Votes)
- Mango Margaritas 4.5/5 (93 Votes)
- Painkiller Cocktail 4.6/5 (80 Votes)
- Purple Dragon Martini 4.4/5 (87 Votes)