Slow Cooker Sausage & Potato Chowder
- 1 pound of sausage links, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 new potatoes or red skin potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14 oz) can creamed corn
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded (plus a little more for garnish)
- Salt and Pepper (S&P)
Adapted from mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com
- In slow cooker, place the sausage, onion and potatoes. Pour your stock on top. Add a liberal sprinkle of S&P. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high 3 to 4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before you're ready to serve, remove the lid and stir in creamed corn, milk and cheese. Cover and continue to cook another 30 minutes on high.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with additional cheese.