Orange Chiffon Pie
- 2 cups finely crushed macarooncookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6-oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar 4 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Whipped cream, if desired Orange slices, if desired
In small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and margarine; mix well. Press mixture evenly and firmly in bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
In small saucepan, combine gelatin and 1/4 cup of the orange juice concentrate; let stand 5 minutes. Dissolve gelatin over low heat Place gelatin mixture and remaining orange juice concentrate in blender container; cover and blend at low speed 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar and egg yolks; cover and blend at high speed 2 minutes. Refrigerate until mixture is thickened but not set, about 15 to 20 minutes. In large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form; gradually add 1/3 cup sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold chilled orange mixture gently into egg whites. Pour into prepared crust Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and orange slices.