Banana Pudding IV
"A quick and easy banana pudding recipe - enjoy!" — Patty
- Original recipe makes 1 - 9x13 inch dish
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese room temp
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk or skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
HELFUL TIPS: First off, we always use skim milk in the recipe, and have never had a any problems. Secondly, NEVER use banana pudding to make this. Though I'm sure it would taste ok, it just isn't like the old fashioned stuff, and if you use the banana flavored pudding you always will have that fake banana flavoring floating around in it...YUCK. Third, one 5 oz. package is plenty to make this pudding thick. Just make sure to use ice cold milk when mixing it. Fourth, when creaming the cream cheese. It must be at room temperature before you can cream it or add the other ingredients to it, otherwise, you will get a lumpy mess. It is very important to cream it well with the sweetened condensed milk, because the air incorperated into this adds body and thickness to the overall dish.
1.In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.
2.Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish with vanilla wafers. Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill.