Cream Puff, Strawberry with Strawberry Sauce
- CREAM PUFFS
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Cup chilled whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kirsch
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE
- 2 - 1 pint baskets strawberries, hulled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine water, butter, salt and sugar in heavy medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring to melt butter. Add flour; using wooden spoon stir vigorously until mixture clumps together forming ball. Stir 1 minute longer. Remove from heat.
2. Transfer dough to a medium bowl and using electric mixer add eggs 1 at a time beating until dough is smooth after each addition (dough will be slightly soft and shiny).
3. Using 1 rounded tablespoon dough for each cream puff, spoon dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart and forming mounds about 3/4 inch to 1 inch high and 1-1/4 inch in diameter. Using moist fingertips gently press tops of cream puffs to flatten any peaks. Bake until golden brown, about 37 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool. Can be made 4 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
1. Beat cream, 1 teaspoon sugar, kirsch and vanilla in medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Combine 6 strawberries and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Using a fork, brush berries. Fold crushed berries into cream.
2. Cut off top third of each cream puff. Place cream puff bottoms, cut side up on plates. Spoon filling into bottoms, ladle sauce over, top with puff tops, dust with powdered sugar.
2 - 1 Pint baskets strawberries, hulled
3 tablespoons sugar
Oyree 1 basket strawberries in processor. Transfer to a bowl and stir in sugar. Quarter remaining strawberries; add to sauce.