Spaghetti Squash with Chicken, Mushroom, and Kale
- 1 medium-sized spaghetti squash, roasted
- 2 Tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms chopped into pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3/4-1 pound chicken breast, sliced into strips
- 4 cups kale leaves, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
1. Roast the spaghetti squash-350 degrees for about 45 minutes-cut in half, scoop out seeds, and spray with olive oil.
2. In a skillet, add the oil and heat to medium. Add the minced garlic and mushrooms. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until garlic is very fragrant and mushrooms have browned.
3. Add the strips of raw chicken, and cook about 30 seconds before adding the chopped kale. Cook 5 minutes, or until chicken has cooked through.
4. Add lemon zest, salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir well and cook an additional minute. Remove from heat.
5. Strip the spaghetti squash into spaghetti strands and place tina medium-sized serving bowl.
6. Add the chicken mixture and toss everything together.
7. Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese (optional).
You'll also love
- Pineapple Bake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Smokey Spicy Pumpkin Hummus 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Tart with a Gingersnap... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Italian Tortellini Soup with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- RICOTTA & ARUGULA STUFFED SHELLS... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salisbury Steak Mushrooms Onions 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Kale Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Kale Pesto Pasta Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)