Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 4 jalapenos finely diced (I use 3 without seeds and one with)
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can of corn niblets
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 limes juiced
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 8in flour tortilla grilled and cut into strips (I use lime nacho chips and crumble them on top)
- 1 avocado
- hot sauce opt...
- 1 cup shredded Monterrey Cheese
In a large saucepan, heat the oil. Add onions and cook, for 2 min. Once the onions have softened ,add garlic and jalapenos and cook for one min. Pour the chicken broth into the pot and bring to a boil.
Chicken. it says to boil it.. but I find it bland..grilling the chicken is best on the BBQ, much for flavor to the soup..I even tried to fry it in a hot pan.. still not the best.. but will do.
Shred the chicken and add to broth, add lime juice and cilantro to the pot..
to serve.. add diced avocado the the bowl and the tortilla..