Veal Scallopini -
easy and quick goes well with Fettuccine Alfredo recipe (see recipe)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon red-wine vingar
- 1-1/2 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound thin cut veal scallopini (1/4 inch or less thick)
- 3 tablespoon of oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 45mins
Mix together the red-wine vinegar, capers, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
Mix together the flour, salt and pepper in a flat plate. Spread flour mixture out across plate. Pat veal dry with a paper towel and dredge in flour mixture shaking off extra. Set aside in a plate. Repeat for all of veal.
Pour oil in a 12-inch skillet and bring to high heat. Cook veal in batches and quickly turning only once. Cook until brown about 1 minute per side (2 to 3 minutes per batch turning about half way through). Heat may be lowered some but then may need to be cooked a minute longer. Transfer cooked veal to a plate and cook second batch etc.
Discard oil from skillet, wipe clean with paper towel. Add butter to skillet and heat to medium heat and allow butter to brown (1-2 minutes). Stir in red-wine vinegar and capers mixture.
Add veal back to skillet, coat veal with sauce and heat evenly. This should be only 1-2 minutes. Then serve.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Cherry Ripe Cheesecake 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Pumpkin Potato Gnocchi with Brown... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Grilled Asian Ginger Pork Chops 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Korean Pulled Pork Sandwiches with... 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Shrimp Salad 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Creamy Lobster Bacon Spinach Quiche 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Scalloped corn 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Welsh Rabbit (Rarebit) British... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)