Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Roy's Hawaiian
Feeling tropical? This delicious Pineapple Upside-Down Cake from Roy's Hawaiian restaurant should fill that void and your tummy with delight! Great served with coconut or pineapple ice cream.
Courtesty of Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Restaurant
- 7 ounces butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 1/2 ounces dark brown sugar, about 3/4 cup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 pound cake flour, about 4 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 7 ounces milk
- 2 pounds fresh pineapple, diced small
- 1 1/4 pounds butter
- 1 pound brown sugar, about 2 1/4 cups
Preparation time 75mins
Cooking time 90mins
Spray 18, 4 ounce molds with cooking oil spray.
Heat butter and sugar over medium heat and bring to boil, stirring so sugar doesn't burn. Pour 2 tablespoons into each mold; chill 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs.
Sift together flour, salt and baking powder. Add mixture gradually to creamed mixture and beat until incorporated. Fold in milk and vanilla.
Arrange pineapple slices over glaze in molds. Top with 1/4 cup batter. Bake 17 to 18 minutes.
Turn molds over on plates and un-mold cakes. Serve hot.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (810 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Jalapeno Popper Spread 4.5/5 (672 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes 4.5/5 (397 Votes)
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (310 Votes)