Brown Sugar Butter Roasted Chicken
- 1 roasting chicken 5 lbs.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Adapted from howsweeteats.com
Clean your chicken for roasting, remove giblets and pat completely dry with a paper towel.
In a bowl, combine softened butter and brown sugar with a spoon until creamy. Using your hands, rub butter over entire chicken, including underneath the skin if you wish. Sprinkle the entire thing with salt and pepper.
Set chicken in a roasting pan breast-side up. Roast for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.(Or 20 min. per pound) Let rest for about 15-20 minutes before cutting.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Pasta with Creamy Chipotle... 3.9/5 (61 Votes)
- Easy Beef Stew 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Potato Chip Chicken 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Marsala Chicken 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Apricot Pound Cake 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Farmhouse Chicken... 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Garlic & Chicken Piccata 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Rosemary & Orange Roast Chicken 4.5/5 (8 Votes)