Make-Ahead Chicken Piccata
I love Italian food! I hope you enjoy one of our family favorites. Can be eaten the same day or prepped in advance for a quick and easy meal the next day.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 2-inch strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2/3 cup Pinot Grigio wine
- 2/3 cup Light and Fat Free College Inn Chicken Broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Adapted from makeaheadmealsforbusymoms.blogspot.com
Prepare a day ahead:
In a shallow bowl, combine 1 cup of flour with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken pieces in the flour and set aside.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken on both sides until lightly brown. (You will need to do this in 3 or 4 batches.) Place the cooked chicken in a 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish. Cool the skillet off the burner for a few minutes. Return the skillet to medium heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic. Stir constantly for 30 seconds. Add 2 tablespoons of flour to the pan. Stir for 1 minute. Add the wine, broth, and lemon juice; mix well. Pour the sauce over the chicken and stir until all the chicken is coated. Cool, cover, and refrigerate.
Remove the baking dish from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Stir the chicken, cover the dish with foil, and bake for 20 - 25 minutes until heated through. Serves 5.
Note: There are some days where we eat this on the same day that I prepare it. In that case, you still need to bake the chicken covered at 400 degrees F for 18 - 20 minutes as the chicken is not thoroughly cooked in the skillet.
You'll also love
- Big, Fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits 4.2/5 (58 Votes)
- Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Spicy Chimichurri Burgers 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Creamy Swiss Chicken Bake 4.6/5 (31 Votes)
- Chicken Meatballs with Red Sauce... 4.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken Parmesan 4.6/5 (25 Votes)
- Tasty Orange Chicken 4.4/5 (33 Votes)
- Overnight Cheesy Chicken & Mac 4.6/5 (7 Votes)