Looking for a way to get your kids to eat their spinach? Try this delcious Potato-Spinach Casserole, my kids love it more than I do!
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) carton dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or green onion tops
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (4 ounces)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Peel and quarter potatoes.
In covered large saucepan, cook in small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Drain. Mash (should have about 6 cups).
Add sour cream, butter, chives, and pepper; mash again until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in spinach.
Transfer to a 2-quart casserole.
Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (905 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (499 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (391 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)