Garlic Chicken with Artichokes
- 2 medium red sweet peppers, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 2 medium onions, cut in wedges
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 8 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 cups hot cooked brown rice
In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine sweet peppers, onions, garlic, tapioca, rosemary, lemon peel, and black pepper. Pour broth over mixture in cooker. Add chicken.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 hours. If using low-heat setting, turn cooker to high-heat setting. Stir in frozen artichoke hearts and lemon juice. Cover and cook 30 to 60 minutes more. Serve with rice.