Almond and Cranberry Biscotti, revised.
I added oil so they weren't so hard on the teeth and exchanged some of the vanilla for almond extract which adds a very nice taste, I also switched the pistachios for whole almonds.
- Butter or parchment paper
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup roasted whole almonds
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Vegetable oil
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. lightly butter a large baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Add vanilla, almond extract, oil and eggs and mix until a dough forms.
3. Add almonds and cranberries to the dough and mix until they are evenly distributed.
4. Coat hands with vegetable oil to prevent dough from sticking. Divide dough into 2 equal portions and place on the baking sheet. Shape each dough portion into logs 9 inches long and approximately 2-3 inches wide.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Remove logs from the baking sheet and let cool on a rack for 5 minutes.
7. With a sharp large knife, cut logs on the diagonal into approximately 3/4 to 1 inch slices. Place on the baking sheet cut side up and leaning on one another.
8. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until very lightly browned, flip over to the other cut side and repeat baking for another 5 minutes, or until lightly brownned. Transfer biscotti back to the rack and let cool completely.
You'll also love
- Butternut Squash, Ricotta &... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Braised Beef Short Ribs 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spicy chicken and tomato curry 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Bars!!! 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Potatoes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Blueberry Peach Cobbler Tart 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cranberry Jelly 5/5 (2 Votes)