"Mock" Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Cauliflower mashed potatoes
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 tbsp. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/8 tsp. chicken bouillon
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh or dry chives, for garnish
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
Set a stockpot of water to boil over high heat.
Clean and cut cauliflower into small pieces. Cook in boiling water for about 6 minutes or until well done. Drain well; do not let cool and pat cooked cauliflower very dry between several layers of paper towels.
in a bowl with an immersion blender, or in a food processor, puree the hot cauliflower with the cream cheese, parmesan, garlic, bouillon, and pepper until almost smooth.
Garnish with chives, and serve hot with pats of butter.