Chipotle Sweet Potatoes (adapted from Bobby Flay at the Food Network)
- 3 small-medium sweet potatoes, peeled, then cut into pieces sized to fit the food processor
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 heaping TBSP chipotle pepper puree (see below)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- salt and pepper
Adapted from othersideof50.blogspot.com
reheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 9 X 9 baking dish with cooking spray.
Insert slicing disc into food processor. Slice potatoes and remove to a separate bowl.
Add chipotle peppers to food processor with steel blade.
Pulse until peppers are pureed. Add up to 1/2 cup water to aid in the process and scrape down bowl occasionally. Freeze in ice cube trays.
Reserve 1 heaping T of puree and place in medium size mixing bowl. Add half and half, cream, cumin and oregano.
place one layer of potatoes in bottom of square baking dish, add a layer of cream then season with salt and pepper and a small amount of cheese. Repeat.
Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 min. Remove foil and bake another 45 min until bubbly.
Let stand 5 -10 minutes.
If you want mashed potatoes, return potatoes to the food processor (reserve liquid) and process
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Casserole Ruth Chris'... 4.4/5 (99 Votes)
- Baked Ziti with sausage (for two) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Grits with Tasso Gravy 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Eggplant, Tomato and Chickpea... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black-eyed Peas and Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Tourneed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)