Easy to make, and a crowd pleaser. You WILL be asked for the recipe.
This recipe comes from Ina Garten, 2009. One of my absolute favorites. Of course, if you can use tomatoes from the garden in the summer it will be superb. But, good anytime.
- Good olive oil
- 2 cups (1/2 inch diced) bread from a French boule, crusts removed
- 16 plum tomatoes, cut 1/2 inch dice (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic (3 cloves)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup julienne basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from barefootcontessa.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large (12 inch) saute pan over medium heat. Add the bread cubes and stir to coat with the oil. Cook over medium to medium-high heat for 5 minutes, stirring often, until the cubes are evenly browned.
Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. When the bread cubes are done, add the tomato mixture and continue to cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Off the heat, stir in the basil.
Pour the tomato mixture into a shallow (6-8 cup) baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan cheese and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is browned and the tomatoes are bubbly. Serve hot or warm.
You'll also love
- Beef, Black Bean & Rice Albóndiga... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Spicy Barbecued Chicken with Miso... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Early Girl Tomato Marmalade 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Tilapia Cakes with Mango Coconut... 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Cilantro Shrimp Kebabs 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Summer Tomato Pie 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Summer Shrimp Salad 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Extra-Creamy Scalloped Potatoes 4.3/5 (6 Votes)