Spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Similar to soup from Chick Fil A
Spice it up by adding some cayenne pepper!
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small can (4.5 oz) diced green chilies
- 1 ounce taco seasoning, packet
- 4 (14 oz) cans chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1 TB lime juice
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- 2-3 TBS fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 can 2% low fat evaporated milk
Heat the olive oil in a large pot, add the onions, and cook until translucent.
Add the green chilies, the taco seasoning packet, all the canned items, chicken, lime juice, and cilantro.
Bring to a boil. Then lower heat and allow to simmer for ½ hour. Just before serving, add the milk and heat on low for 5-10 more minutes.