Turkey Enchiladas Fantasticas
This recipe won the grand prize in the 1994 Pace Picante recipe contest. It's easy to make and freezes well so we always make a full batch and enjoy the leftovers.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cups picante sauce, divided plus more for garnish
- 1 10-oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz regular or light cream cheese, cubed
- 12 7-inch flour tortillas
- 1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, ripe olive slices, avocado slices, sour cream
1. Cook ground turkey until loses pink color in skillet
2. Add picante, spinach, cumin and salt to pan
3. Cook for 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates
4. Add cream sheese, stir until just melted. Remove from heat.
5. Spoon mixture into tortillas, roll up and seam sides
6. Combine tomatoes, remaining picante, cumin and spoon over enchiladas
7. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until hot.
8. Sprinkle with toppings before serving