No-Mayo Avocado Chicken Salad
- chicken breasts - I used about 250g (cooked and shredded)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- avocado (I used 1 large)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic optional
Adapted from facebook.com
1. Place the cooked shredded chicken in a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Place the basil, avocado, olive oil, sea salt, ground black pepper and garlic in a food processor and blend.
3. Pour the avocado and basil mixture into the mixing bowl with the shredded chicken and toss well.
This keeps from turning brown (from the avocado) in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days if covered with Saran Wrap!
Photo-lou and esi
If you've got a carb you can sub, use the LBC food sub app for a tortilla or a slice of Ezekiel or UDI's and make a wrap!
~ Coach Holly
You'll also love
- Baked Alice Springs Chicken -... 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Grilled Avocado with Feta 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Chicken with Oregano & Mushrooms 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- French Potato Salad 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicken Tortilla Crockpot Soup 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Southern-Style Chicken Salad 4.2/5 (51 Votes)
- Cashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches 4.7/5 (21 Votes)
- Beer Battered Fried Avocado Wedges 4.6/5 (23 Votes)