Nutella-Stuffed Strawberry French Toast
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 4 slices French or Challah bread
- 4-6 tablespoons Nutella
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Powdered sugar, for serving, to taste
Adapted from 12tomatoes.com
. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Add in the cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. Mix Nutella with strawberries that have been washed and quartered. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of Nutella and strawberries on two slices of bread. Place the remaining slices of bread on top to create two separate Nutella sandwiches. *You could also save strawberries and use them as garnish once the French toast is cooked.
3. Carefully dip both sides of each sandwich in the egg/milk mixture. Allow 3-5 seconds per side so the bread absorbs the liquid.
4. Melt your butter over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook the sandwiches until golden brown and crispy, about 4 minutes per side.
5. Plate and sprinkle sandwiches with powdered sugar.
You'll also love
- PUTTANESCA with TOFU STEAKS and/or... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Low Fat Chocolate Raspberry Mousse... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pan-Roasted Corn and Tomato Salad 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Cucumber Peach Salsa 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- All American Apple Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Corn Bread Shortcake with Ham &... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Filling for... 4/5 (65 Votes)
- Strawberry Avocado Couscous Salad... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)