Baked eggrolls with a Southwest twist. Chicken, onion, beans, corn, spinach, and jack cheese are rolled in tortillas and served with salsa or your favorite sauce for dipping.
- 4 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 bag frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (6-ounce) jalapenos, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 bag large flour tortillas
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Rub oil on chicken and BBQ or bake until done, let cool and chop into small bite size pieces. Lightly salt and pepper chicken while cooking.
In large skillet preheat with oil over medium high heat.
Add red pepper and green onion and saute for 5 minutes. After soft add chicken and cook for another 3 minutes. Add corn, black beans, spinach, jalapeño, parsley, cumin, chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Cook stirring for 5 minutes until incorporated.
Remove pan from stove and add cheese. Stir well until cheese is fully melted into mixture.
Wrap tortillas in wet cloth or paper towels and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes until tortillas are soft and pliable.
Spoon 1/2 cup of mixture into each tortilla, fold ends and roll burrito style, and stick toothpick in middle to hold together. Repeat until mixture is gone.
In large pot or deep fryer heat oil to 375°F. No more than 1 or two at a time, drop rolls into oil and cook evenly until golden brown.
Let cool on rack for at least 15 minutes. Cut into halves or thirds and serve with favorite salsa or dipping sauce.
You'll also love
- One Bowl Apple Cake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Cake with Salted... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Drop Butter Cookies with Variations 4.3/5 (33 Votes)
- Princess Punch 4.2/5 (35 Votes)
- Eggnog Bread with Eggnog Glaze 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Best Homemade Hot Dog Buns-- In An... 4.3/5 (32 Votes)
- Glazed Lemon Blueberry Muffins 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Tortilla Snack Strips 4.5/5 (2 Votes)