Shrimp & Spinach Casserole
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 lb. large shrimp, peeled, deveined,
- and quartered.
- 1 pack (10 ounces) frozen chopped
- spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup low- fat or fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- or soy substitute
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch ground red pepper
- to taste ground black pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a glass pie plate or gratin dish with cooking spray. 2. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, spinach, onion, mayonnaise, cheese, lemon juice, red pepper, and black pepper. 3. Beat the egg whites in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Add to the shrimp mixture and sprinkle with the salt. Place in the prepared pie plate 4. Bake for 40 minutes, or until browned and puffed and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.