Carpaccio on Crostini with Arugula
- 3 x 1/4 lb. (125 g) pieces of beef filet mignon
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 18 to 24 crostini (recipe follows)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 18 to 24 shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 to 2 baguettes
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, sliced in half
1.Wrap each piece of beef in foil and chill in the freezer for 1to 2 hours, until about to freeze.
2. Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Remove the beef from the freezer, unwrap, and slice paper-thin. Flatten the slices by pounding them between two pieces of waxed paper. Cut the slices into 1-1/2" pieces.
3. Tear the arugula leaves into pieces and place a piece on each crostini. Top with a piece of beef and drizzle on a Iirtle of the olive oil and lemon dressing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and garnish with the Parmigiano Reggiano shavings.
1. Slice the baguettes into 1/2" slices.
2. Set under pre-heated broiler and toast until lightly browned on both sides. If serving the same day, rub the bread slices with 1to 2 large garlic
cloves, sliced in half lengthwise, then brush with 2 to 3 tbsp (25 to 45. ml) olive oil. If making in advance, let cool, then keep in an airtight container for up to two days. Rub with garlic and brush with olive oil before topping.
You'll also love
- Tuna Hummus Crostini 4.4/5 (78 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Crostini with... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)
- Apricot Sweet and Sour Sauce: 3.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Angel hair pasta in lemon cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chardonnay-infused Feta Cheese 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach and Mozzarella Ravioli... 5/5 (1 Votes)