Chardonnay-infused Feta Cheese
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml)multicolored peppercorns
- 8 oz. (200 g) firm feta cheese cut in 3/4" cubes
- 1 cup (250 ml) dry white wine, such as Chardonnay
Put thyme sprigs, garlic and peppercorns in a 2-cup (500'ml) glass jar. Add the cubes of cheese and pour in the wine. Replace the lid and put in refrigerator to marinate. The cheese can be used after one day, but comes to full flavor after about three days. It keeps well in the refrigerator for up to one week.